At present the school has classes from Toddlers to Class XII. Elaborate lab facilities with separate rooms for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Geography & Entrepreneurship are housed in spacious rooms.
School is the learning center, teachers are the facilitators, they facilitate the children to learn. Children, especially the young kids respond to elementary shapes clubbed with vibrant colours.
Our concept for the school interiors emerges from the five basic elements or the Panchamahabhutas –
- Akash (Space)
- Vayu (Air)
- Jal (Water)
- Prithvi (Earth)
- Agni (Fire)
and further we have incorporated educational elements in different rooms Universally, the five elements are mixed in an infinite variety of relative proportions such that each output is distinctly unique. Although each element has a range of attributes, they maintain their presence felt at all times. Constantly changing and interacting with each other, they create a situation of dynamic flux that keeps the world going.
These elements reflect in every aspect of our life and the same are depicted through pictorial representation on the school floors. The lobby area is exclusively demarcated into five distinct zones, each zone representing these five elements. The distinct character of every element would catch attention of the child entering the school on a daily basis and the deep rooted philosophy behind these five elements would be subtly absorbed by the youngsters. This specially themed flooring would stimulate the child’s intrinsic brain and help develop a learning curve towards nature in general.
Every class room is equipped with an interactive Board with multimedia projector, Pin-up Board, Green Board, White Board etc.
IVWS has an exceptional Computer Lab with a 1:1 student computer ratio and all-in-one machines.Computer Labs are designed as per the age group so that the children are tech-savvy from the earliest age. It is rightly said that a single picture speaks a thousand words. Thus to make understanding an easy process through multimedia each Lab is equipped with adequate multimedia facilities.
ROBOX is a do – it yourself holistic experiential learning package which helps the students to learn STEM (Science, Technology, and Engineering & Mathematics) subjects better and also to mould them into strong positive minds. The main idea is to promote practical way of learning STEM subjects through robotics. It suggests practical way to learn math concepts and brings that extra spark to experience science concepts.
The students have a ready access to a well stocked library to empower their minds and to think beyond their prescribed texts.
The initiation of a digital library is yet another novel move towards facilitating education for gen-Next. Apart from books and journals, visual, audio and video materials will also be made available to the learners. In keeping with the rapid expansion of educational multimedia, the school has endeavoured to create this e-library. Virtual learning materials have now been found to augment learner comprehensibility. Digital library has a great deal of potential for the academic sector and we are certain that this will motivate learning.
School Library Rules
The School library is open to all students of Indus Valley World School. Please observe the following Library rules strictly :
- The library is a “Silence Zone”. Students have to maintain silence strictly in the library.
- Reference books cannot be borrowed and must be used only in the library.
- A borrowed book must be returned to the library within 14 days from the date of issue.
- Students are not allowed to enter the library with food, water, bags and other personal items.
- Students cannot take books out of the library without the permission of the librarian, and if found so a hefty fine will be imposed.
- Books lost / damaged / disfigured will have to be replaced or paid for by the borrower.
- Each student has to check the library book he / she has borrowed and report impairment or any damage to the librarian, before taking the book out.
- Students of Class XII should submit the clearance slip from the library to obtain/collect their board result.
- Students should not bring the issued library books to school except on the day of return, as it might get lost.
- It is mandatory for students to return the books before the long holidays.
“Well equipped Physics, Chemistry and Biology Lab with most advanced equipments give digital edge to scientific learning to students of Middle and High school.”
IVWS also has a Geography Lab to help students understand the landscape of countries and add a practical aspect to the theoretical concepts they study.
Centrally Air Conditioned
IVWS building is centrally air conditioned with the purpose of barring outside noise and assisting students to concentrate much better.
Fully Covered Play Area
Extensive fully covered play area with many rides keep children cool in summer and dry in monsoon.
Canteen facilities – Children are encouraged to eat home cooked food. However there is a provision for healthy meal options. Canteen is strictly monitored so that unhealthy drinks and junk food do not find a place there.
Medical counseling room with facility for periodic health checkup has been set up. The room has all the first aid facilities including oxygen cylinder. A trained Nurse is always available during the school hours.
- Teachers are provided with laptops to facilitate multimedia education.
- Safe secure environment with CC TV installed through out the school premises and continuous monitoring
- Dedicated maid for each class room.
- Safe cold drinking water treated with RO plant
- Full generator backup
- Reflective blue window panes blocking UV rays to ensure no glare and cool air conditioning in summer
IVWS is truly school with a difference. From an 80 KWT solar plant for channeling renewable energy to low wattage fans and LED lights, the school is committed to being eco-friendly. Segregation of waste is done by installing different categories of wheelie bins at vantage points in the school. Rainwater harvesting is effectively practiced and vertical gardening using green manure along with a low drip irrigation system has also been implemented.